Body butter is one of the must-haves in the skincare ranges of cosmetics manufacturers. But did you know that you can easily make this rich skin care product yourself?
Since it consists of pure fats, oils and waxes, it is especially suitable for stressed and dry skin. Since it does not contain preservatives, which often cause skin irritations and allergies, sensitive skin types also benefit from the body butter.
- 40 gram shea butter
- 40 gram cocoa butter
- 40 gram coconut oil
- 40 gram almond oil
- If desired, essential oil (e.g. lavender or rose)
- Pot and bowl for a water bath
- Sterilised container for storage
Here we go:
- Put all the ingredients (except the essential oil!) in a water bath.
- Heat them slowly until everything is liquid. Stir in between.
- Let the mixture cool down a little.
- Now you can add a few drops of the essential oil if you wish and stir it in.
- In the next step, pour into the resealable container.
- Place in the fridge to harden.
Voilà - your homemade body butter is ready, which smells fantastic and leaves a silky soft feeling on the skin.